In our world where “Being Enough” is never enough:
Never thin enough, never beautiful enough, never rich enough, never happy enough, never intelligent enough, never fit enough…..
Is there ever any point where you say and feel, I AM ENOUGH?
Is what you see portrayed on social media actually someones real life?
I would say NO. Unless you are very careful about who you follow (stalk) on social media, then 90% of what you are viewing is actually fake (90% is a number I’ve plucked out of my ass). No one is happy and perfect all the time and it is OK to not be either. What is OK, is to be ENOUGH.
As you might have read in last weeks post/blog, I have taken a step away from social media, I have taken inventory of my who I follow, what I post and my interaction with other peoples post. I also, took a long hard look at myself and who I portray myself as.
During this time I realised a number of things:
- Life is not sunshine, rainbows 🌈 and unicorns all the time. In fact life sometimes can be a kick in the balls, dirt kicked in your face with a nipple cripple kind of mixed bags of shit. BUT I am tough enough to handle it!
- I don’t NEED to post a status on social media for my loved ones to know I am here. They know where I am and that I love them without the Facebook post to prove it.
- Our bodies are ALWAYS listening and ALWAYS talking to us, but we need to LISTEN and COMMUNICATE back…… I can hear you, “oh fuck here she goes again, with her hippie bullshit”….Come on, hear me out….. I’m a rich one for “pushing through”, I quite literally “crack on” at the expensive of my health. So I started to heed the warnings of my body, I pulled back and tracked my moods, energy, motivation and determination. What I found was a good pattern of when I am good to hit aspects of my life hard and when retreating into my introverted shell was best and ok. Thanks to this, I’ve managed to stop “crashing and burning”….well mostly.
- I am more than a Nutritionist to most….. I have come to realised that I am more of a Search and Rescue crossed with a Guide Dog for the perpetually lost and blind citizens of the food/nutrition/diet world and I AM OK with this. I like to think that being a bit of a straight shooter is a big positive for me.
- Avoid the news…. Nothing will affect my mood more quickly than the news report. If you want to stick your head in the proverbial ground like a mutha fuckn ostrich then do it. They say ignorance is bliss and yes it is!
- Embrace Routine…. whatever your routine is, if it is working for you and not harming others then go about it, but stick to it. Routine is a series of habits and if those habit are serving your purpose for the better then it is all good in the hood!
- Consider your childhood….. going deep here…. Explore childhood memories and ensure you are remembering them correctly. Consider if your childhood has affected your adulthood, if it is negatively affecting your current life then consider seeking help to change that, because nothing will fuck up your next generation more than repeating the wrong doings of your childhood…… just saying.
- I like even numbers….. let’s leave it at that.
I realise these are ramblings, but if anything I am writing makes you want to strike up a conversation with me over them, then please comment or contact me.